My Blog..
I really enjoy reading other people's blogs. It has helped me to know what has been going on in the lives of people that I haven't seen in years, and even the ones that I see more frequently. I don't know if people will actually read my blog, but I think it will be fun to do it anyway! So today my morning has not started off very good. I like to weigh myself every morning to make sure that I'm not gaining lots of weight. This morning I stepped on my scale and nothing. No flashing lights telling me that my scale is calculating my weight, just nothing. I guess the battery is dead. It kind of unnerved me that I wasn't able to check up on myself. As many know, I had gastric bypass surgery in June 2004 at the time of my surgery I weighed 320 lbs! I lost more than a 100 lbs with the surgery, but over the last two years I've slowly been gaining it back. One of the effects of the surgery for some people is that they can't eat bad foods anymore, if you eat something for instance with a lot of sugar in it, you will get sick. There are some foods that make me sick, such as foods with lots of sugar, but for some reason, chocolate does not seem to affect me. Chocolate is one of my huge downfalls, its soo good! So for me, I still am not able to eat large portions of food, but what my downfall is, is snacking. Since I sit at a desk all day, I have the ability to just munch munch all day, and when I munch, munch from the chocolate candy dish thats bad! I decided a couple of months ago to join weight watchers with a couple of my friends. It was going really well for me for a while because I had a goal to lose weight for Bryce's wedding. However, now that Bryce's wedding is over with, I haven't been very motivated in the weight loss. So what I did is scheduled an appointment to meet with the physicians assistant in the surgical program in October. I hate going back to these appointments and having them weight me and giving me the lecture about how I'm not using my "tool" properly. Its hard when I know if I eat three good meals a day that are the majority lean protein, I will lose weight. I have to beat this snacking demon that I have!! Well we'll see how weight watchers goes tonight.
Labels: Weight Loss


2 Comments:
I am so excited that you decided to start blogging! I cant wait to see you in October, Ill still be up here so give me a jingle when your appointment is over. The surgery wasnt easy Tif and its always going to be a lifelong struggle to keep the weight off but I know you can do it! Once Im home, if theres anything I can do to help, let me know!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home