Thursday, December 18, 2008

I hate the poor...

No not really. So yesterday I had a hellish drive to Brainerd for the continuation of a really crappy trial. I was not really looking forward to driving home afterwards, but the drive home ended up being much better than the drive there. When I exited the freeway I decided to stop at Walmart. Yes Walmart. The only reason I shop there is to get craft supplies when I also have to get groceries and things. I need to get some yarn and something to throw in the oven for dinner. If Target would just sell yarn and beads I would never have a reason to shop at Walmart. So anyway, as I'm going into Walmart there is a nice jovial family shaking the bells in front of the Salvation Army bucket. I think to myself, I really should give some money when these nice people are volunteering to freeze their butts off. But its still 0 degrees outside and I'm not about to stand there futzing with my wallet to get out some change for the bell ringers. So I go into Walmart thinking I will futz with my wallet in the check out then give these nice people some money when I leave. Which I did, at the check out I got a dollar out of my wallet and I was fully intending to put it in the bucket. However, when I get outside the bucket was moved over to the side of the building and the nice bell ringers were gone. So I decided that since there was no one there I wasn't going to give my dollar. How silly is that? I wanted someone to be there to tell me thank you. I decided that I would give that dollar some other time when there was a bell ringer there. Crazy!

1 Comments:

At December 19, 2008 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Dave said...

That may be the funniest blog title ever LOL :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home