Flooring and Crochet
Eli decided to rent the floor nailer last night and we got about 10 rows of the flooring done. I think we probably have 40 to 50 rows left to do, but it was good to get more done. I'm happy to be making more and more progress everyday. Eli does all of the hardwork the pounding and all of that, I just pick out which boards go where and make sure that the colors and the lines look right. Its a good job for me since I'm still having a bit of back pain. Well as you can imagine it takes much more time to pound and nail in a row then it does to lay the row out. So while Eli has been busy pounding and nailing, I have been attempting a crochet project. I really like to crochet. I have crocheted several scarfs and some easy bags. In fact I have TONS of scarfs and bags. If you would like one, leave me a comment and I will give you one. So since I have already made and given away lots of scarfs and bags, I really wanted to try making blankets. The problem is that I am totally challenged when it comes to reading crochet patterns and finishing large projects. The crochet patterns mostly just don't make any sense to me. I went to Joann after work yesterday intending on looking for some cool yarn and a pattern book that even dummies should be able to figure out. I found an easy baby blanket book. I figured it says its easy, and its baby blankets so they will be smaller. This should do it right? Well no, I started out with the first row, I ended up having to rip it out twice before I got the first row right, then I began the second row. I finished it and re read the directions and for some reason thought that I had it wrong so I ripped that row out. Well upon further reading of the pattern, I was sure that I had followed the directions properly, but the problem was that the pattern said that when finished I should have 90 puff stitches, I only had 45. So I reread the directions again, and concluded once again that I had done it right and that the makers of the pattern must just be darn wrong! I also figured that since it didn't appear to look weird, who cares if it is not exactly how the pattern folks intended right?


1 Comments:
Just ask your grandmother she is a crochet expert.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home