Went to the Zoo and got ROBBED!
Ok so I didn't get robbed at the Zoo, that would have really sucked. On Saturday I had a lovely morning at the Minnesota Zoo with my friend Karen and her baby boy Matthew. Matt is just about 8 months old, but is very big for his age. Karen and Matt had been to the Zoo the previous weekend when Karen's sister was visiting and she discovered that Matt really likes the Zoo. So she bought a season membership and can now take one person with her and the baby for no additional cost. It was nice to get a walk in and see some of the animals. I have to say that I wasn't really that impressed with the Minnesota Zoo. I have been to Como Zoo, which is free, several times and I don't think that one is better than the other. Since my back has still been hurting, the trip to the Zoo might have been a little ambitious for me. I was pretty tired and hurting by the time I got home. I had intended to go to a craft show and a birthday party later that day, but ended up just sitting on the couch with my heating pad for the rest of the night. Eli and I watched the Wild game, boy was that a fun game! GO WILD! On Sunday my back was still hurting but Eli wanted to find the camera to take some pictures of the leaves in our backyard. So we began searching the house for our camera. I hadn't seen it since the day of the marathon when I didn't take any pictures. We looked all over the house and in both of the cars and couldn't find it. So I thought maybe I had taken it out of my purse at my office. So I loaded up and got into the car and holy crap I finally noticed once I sat down that my GPS unit was GONE! I ran into the house and yelled to Eli, "WE'VE BEEN ROBBED!" Thats right, I had left my car unlocked overnight and someone was in my car. My GPS was stolen along with the wires to run my ipod or satellite radio and a bunch of change I had in the console. Thankfully my ipod and satellite radio were in the house. However, since we couldn't find the digital camera anywhere, we assumed that it must have been in the car and was stolen with the GPS unit, we later found it though. The Police came and took a report from us and gave us a lecture on not being an attractive nuisance and told us to get motion detector lights. Makes sense to deter theft, or I could just not be such a dumbass and remember to lock the car. Eli found it sort of funny that I didn't lock the car, because I normally lock it EVERYWHERE, thats right even in the garage I lock the car. Usually its just habit for me. This stems from the time that when I was in high school and used to leave my keys in the car and it unlocked at my parents house. I was pretty convinced that the neighbor kid took my Beretta and drove it around then brought it back. There was some change and a keychain missing. I reported this to the I Falls police and of course it was printed in the Daily Journal. The Journal reported, not that I believed my car was stolen, but that Tifanne Ehrman reported that $5 and a keychain was stolen from her car at... I was teased forever about that one.


1 Comments:
Ill have to talk to Karen about going to the zoo if Joe's parents get us a membership there. That would be a lot of fun! Glad you enjoyed it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home