Saturday, September 27, 2008

I think I know why old people drive slow...

Ok folks, I know I haven't blogged in a few days. I've been mostly laying around nursing my back injury. I broke down and went to the doctor. He said that I just had a back strain, and gave me a prescription for MEGA Ibuprofen. I take three huge horse pills a day and it has been greatly helping my back. Its still very sore though. The first day my back hurt so I was moving very slowly so that I didn't aggravate things. I then would get into my car, and for some reason driving fast seemed scary after walking around so slow. On Thursday night Eli and I went over to his mom and step-dad's house to celebrate Eli's mom's birthday. Eli was driving how he normally drives, and I was totally freaked out because it felt SSSOOO fast. So I have hypothesized that because older folks usually have arthritis and such that they move slower when they walk, and when you walk slow it is hard to drive fast. Just my theory!

Work has begun on our hardwood floors. My parents came down last night to get us started. I am so thankful for all of our family for helping us. Eli, my dad, my brother, my uncle, Eli's step-dad, mom, and sister have all been here helping. My sister in law, my aunt, my mom and I have been trying to stay out of the guys way. We went and did a little shopping at the outlet mall, and then got pedicures and manicures. I'm injured so I can't really do any work, and it seems like there might be too many cooks in the kitchen. The floors are starting to look really awesome! Poor Spencer is totally FREAKED though. He has been in the basement hiding under the spare bed for most of the day. He is now hiding out in his kitty tent from IKEA though. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00116944 Spencer has the blue tent. He likes to go in it and run to the back and attack the tent's tail from inside the tent. It is very humorous.

Yesterday I was beginning to wonder about my brain on Ibuprofen. Eli's sister Keely, and his dad came over for dinner last night. I decided to try out a recipe from the Hungry Girl cookbook, death by chocolate cupcakes. Well I went onto the website and found the recipe then cut and pasted it into an email so that the ingredients would be on my blackberry. Well when I got to the store, I thought that I read I needed two boxes of chocolate cake mix, and 25 packets of diet hot chocolate. Yes it did occur to me at the store that this might be kind of weird, since the recipe was only supposed to make 12 cupcakes, but I bought it all anyway. I was tired of walking around the store and my back was killing me. I think it was probably the one and only time I actually cursed how big Super Target is. Anyway, back to the story about the recipe. So when I got home and started making the cupcakes, I realized my error about the hot chocolate, it said I needed 2 packets of 25 calorie hot chocolate mix. However, I didn't pay attention to the part about the cake mix and put both packages in the Kitchen aid mixer and mixed it all up. When I was spooning the batter in the muffin tins, I began to wonder if I had done something wrong. The recipe said that it was supposed to make 12 cupcakes, and not to worry about the tins not being too full. Well I had 12 overloaded tins, and tons of batter left in the bowl. I thought, hmm maybe I should read this recipe closer, only then did I notice that it wasn't two packages of cake mix, but 2 CUPS of cake mix. I ended up making 24 cupcakes, that actually didn't taste too bad. Even though they say that baking is a precise science, I think they lie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home