I'm in the Dog House...
I've had an unanticipated result to my blogging. My husband is mad at me for my previous post. In hindsight, I guess I have to agree with him. What I found as kind of funny, he interpreted as me being demanding and ungrateful. I can see that. Eli has been under a lot of stress lately and has been having a really hard week. He's been working nonstop, and I think he didn't come to bed last night until after 1am. He's got a big project to get done before the end of the day Thursday at work and had a big project due at school today. Plus he's been doing the home improvements, and I think my parents are coming on Friday to help us install our wood floors. Reading my blog post at midnight after having been working for several hours while I had ben sleeping for hours, wasn't so funny to him. So this is my public apology to my world's greatest husband. I'm sorry, I didn't think that one out too well. The gods have already punished me for my lack of judgment though.
This morning I got up a little earlier than normal so I thought I would get some housework done. I continued on with the laundry and brought a basket upstairs. I thought I would take the sheets off of the air mattress in the spare room and deflate it. I bent over to reach the nozzle and for some reason couldn't get back up. I have this severe pain in my lower back. Sometimes I have some intermittent back pain after lifting heavy things, but this pain is different its like none that I have ever experienced before. I'm seriously thinking I may have to try out the chiropractor. I've never been to one before though and I am leery. Has anyone ever gone, can you give me your thoughts?
Spencer the cat thought the deflating of the mattress was quite fun. He was standing on it when I pulled the plug. His back arched and he looked up at me as if to say, What the heck is going on here"? I went and took a shower, and when I was done and dressed I went to look for him and there he was still laying on the deflated mattress. Strange kitty.
Weigh in last night went good. I lost 1lb! I did go to the gym before weigh in too. I thought I'd test my theory about weighing less after a workout. I weighed myself at the gym before my workout. I then went and walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes. Then I weighed myself again. There was only a difference of .1. I did weigh .4 less at Weight Watchers then on the gym scale, that was good.
I have been doing a lot more cooking lately. I can't remember the last time that I bought a meal out, I think it might have been at a lunch meeting last Wednesday. I'm super proud of this. For those that don't know Eli and I that well, we had been eating out EVERY meal lunch and dinner. I decided that this was a super waste of money, and since we own a bigger house now that we needed to change our spending habits. I've been cooking food for dinner and then taking the leftovers with me for lunch at work the next day. Thats right again, eating leftovers. I bought the Hungry Girl Cookbook yesterday. http://www.hungry-girl.com/ I have been getting the weekly Hungry Girl e-mails for years now. I have always liked the tips and suggestions but have never made any of the recipes before. It looks like there are some good ones in the book too. I'll have to try a few and report back. When I was browsing the cookbook, I began to wonder what is the point of having salad recipes? Mainly they are put a bunch lettuce and other stuff in a bowl. My thought is dude if you need a cookbook to make a salad, thats a problem!
Labels: marriage, spencer, Weight Loss


3 Comments:
The hungry girl cookbook? That alone had me rolling. :)
This is the way that you comment.
HI MoM!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home