Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Husband doesnt speak Wife language, yet...

So last night I was making dinner and needed 1 and 1/2 cups of hot water for the recipe. I think, no problem, we have an instant hot water dispenser I'll just use that. http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100090818&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=100090818&ci_src=14110944&cm_mmc=1hd.com2froogle-_-product_feed-_-D29X-_-100090818 So after I have put in 1 cup of water, I think to myself why isn't there any steam coming from this hot water. I decide to test the water to see if it is really hot and quickly run my finger under the tap and of course the water that is coming out is normal temperature. So I yell to Eli upstairs, "Bear the hot water dispenser is broken." Translation, this thing doesn't work fix it. Eli says, "oh really." I say, "No Bear cold water is coming out of the hot water dispenser." Translation, I want you to fix this now. Eli mutters something and comes down stairs. We brainstorm to figure out the problem, and discover that the dishwasher is also not working. I think this means that something is unplugged. Eli has been working on removing part of the half wall behind the sink and dishwasher so we can bring it down to counter height. So even after the discovery that it may just be that something is unplugged, he doesn't fix it. We go and eat dinner, and Eli runs to the hardware store and Target. I come back into the kitchen three hours later and I say, "So did you fix the hot water dispenser yet?" Meaning, why the heck haven't you done that yet! He says no, but 15 minutes later informs me that the hot water dispenser and dishwasher are now working! Thanks Eli for understanding me, finally. I'm totally kidding folks, love the hubs just have to give him a hard time every once and a while.

So today is my weight watchers weigh in day. Which means I have to starve all day...lol. The battery has been replaced in my scale, and I have been obsessively weighting myself again. I know bad, but I can't help it. I'm fairly confident that I will have a good weigh in based on my weight this morning. The wacky thing I plan on today, is to get out of work early and go to the gym. I think that you are supposed to weigh less after a workout. We'll see!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2008 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Kathryn said...

It's crazy how sometimes Joe just "gets" me. But then there are other times where we certainly came from different planets! Hope you had a good weigh in. Im looking forward to seeing you next week. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home