Friday, October 31, 2008

Spence O Lantern!






So at my office I have an hourly requirement of billable hours I have to reach. As long as I reach that requirement, I don't have to work every day. Since I met my requirement for the month on Wednesday this week. I decided not to work today. Instead I decided I was finally going to carve some pumpkins for my front stoop. Way to wait until Halloween, huh Tif! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I think this stems back to living in Stenberg Addition. For some reason, Stenberg Addition the neighborhood where my parents have lived since 1982 is the MOST popular neighborhood for trick or treaters in International Falls. I kind of think it may have something to do with one of our neighbors display of carved pumpkins. Ms. Lattu is a second grade teacher that lives down the street from my parents (she was my second grade teacher, and told my parents that I was a "troubled child" but thats another blog entry, ha!). Anyways, Ms. Lattu's house always has TONS of these cool pumpkins, and I'm sure that people like to trick or treat in the neighborhood to see them. My mom always has to buy candy in bulk! I can't wait until Halloween falls on a Saturday or a Sunday so I can go home and participate one of these days. I have a theory that Eli and I will be getting a lot of trick or treaters at our new house this year. Our neighborhood is full of little kids and two of the neighbors down the street have collaborated to have one really cool halloween display between their houses. I will have to report back tomorrow blog to see how things actually go. I have a huge bowl full of candy. Of course I have eaten a lot myself, but I'm planning on giving away the rest tonight. I carved two pumpkins, a cat and a ghost. Boy do those pumpkin carving kits work slick. Why didn't they have those things around when we were kids, or did they but maybe my parents never bought one? I remember struggling to cut triangles out with a huge knife, and now you can make all sorts of shapes and such with just these flimsy little tools. I also dressed Spencer up in a cute jackolantern t-shirt. Here are some pictures.

1 Comments:

At November 3, 2008 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Kathryn said...

I love all of his little outfits. Where do you buy them? Are they for cats or for dogs?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home