Friday, October 17, 2008

When it rains it pours...

I must be having a string of bad luck lately. First my GPS gets stolen out of my car. Then I find out I have a low level of vitamin b12 and have to get shots for the next year. Then I go to Brainerd for two days, and it seems like all of my friends and family are needing to get in touch with me but my cell phone battery has died and I didn't bring a charger. Most recently, while finishing up the flooring a board falls over from balancing on the island and puts a big dent in my stainless steel refrigerator. I'm kind of starting to see a pattern here, lots of little bad luck signs. I'm not totally superstitious, but I think that in my life when I start becoming too materialistic bad things happen. With all of the nice projects that we are doing with our house, I hate to admit this, but I have been having those silly my house is better than yours feelings. I can't believe I actually just said that. I know that its wrong, and I don't think that about my friends and family, just more in comparison to the other houses on my block. I am continually watching the Edina Realty website and looking at the other houses for sale in my neighborhood. I suppose you could consider it more of a comparison for value purposes, but no I just want to be able to say mine is nicer. I think I need to start going to church again, make me more humble, can God get the dent out of my refrigerator?

1 Comments:

At October 19, 2008 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Kathryn said...

Whoa! I didnt even read this before I was talking to you about the house situation at the cooking class. Thats really weird..... Ill go to church with you when I get back from extern! Ive been wanting to go for some time now. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home