Pacing around the house...
I always thought that I was pretty active at work up and down to the copier, to the bathroom, to the skyway to get lunch... etc. Well, I'm not. I barely put 2000 steps on the pedometer at work yesterday. So last night there I was watching Celebrity Apprentice on the DVR the clock was turning 8:00 p.m. and I hadn't even walked 3000 steps yet. I got the bright idea that I didn't have to sit there and watch the tv, but instead I could pace around the room while watching the show. Well it dawned on me there was no way in heck I was going to walk 7000 steps while pacing in my basement. So I turned off the show right after Brandy got the boot and made Eli go for a walk with me around the neighborhood. This time we took a little different route so the walk would be longer. Eli thought we walked about 2 or 3 miles, but man was I tired by the end. I never realized how out of shape I let myself get. I think this pedometer was a good purchase for me. Our walk put me up to 9000 steps, and the last 1000 I finished pacing in the basement. Aside from the cheddar potato chips I ate while watching tv, I did eat much better yesterday too.


2 Comments:
Good for you!! Sometimes you need that little "string around your finger" for motivation.
Good for you!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home