Today is a new day...
I'm always amazed at how my mood can change from one moment to another. This morning when I went to work I was feeling really crabby. Not because of the election or anything. I think it was more because I was feeling a little stressed. I plan on taking a few days off this month for Thanksgiving and so I need to average 7 billable hours each day at work. This isn't as easy as last month when I needed to average 5 billable hours a day. Well yesterday I didn't get in 7 hours I got in 4.3. I had a hearing in Brainerd and after the hearing it didn't make sense to stay in Brainerd all day. So I left, but I didn't get back home until after 5. Our friends Melissa and Dave had an election party so there wasn't really any time to make up any work hours. Today I had to take some time off work to be home for the GE repair man to come and fix our broken microwave. So I got up early to make sure that I could get some serious work done before I had to leave at 12:30 for the repair man. I felt really on edge and was cranky with anyone who dared interrupt me. I felt better once I was able to find a few projects that could be done from home. I ended up being able to bill most of the hours in the morning and was able to leave with only 2.6 hours left to go. The GE repair man came and was able to fix our microwave, and best of all, the garbage disposal was delivered today. My handy husband installed the disposal, rehooked up the dishwasher and my kitchen is back in business. No more cooking everything in the oven and eating on paper plates. I'm happy and I can cook again!


1 Comments:
Billable hours suck -- 'nuff said!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home