Am I too honest?
So they are closing down the Macy's store in the Brookdale mall. Everything is supposedly on clearance. I figured I should get some more professional looking clothes for my new job. I don't think they would approve of my habit of wearing jeans unless I'm going to court look at my fancy new downtown firm. So I went to the sale. I ended up finding a good pair of pants and two sweaters that I wanted. All of the clothing that you purchase at the clearance sale, is non returnable. So the girl that was checking me out would ring up an item and then take a black marker and run it through the bar code so that they would know you got the item on clearance and couldn't take it back. Well on the last sweater that I was buying, she crossed out the bar code before she rang up the item. Then she went to total my sale and put the clothes in the bag. I stood there for a moment, not knowing what to do. Do I tell her that she didn't charge me for the sweater, or do I say nothing and get a free sweater? I have to admit that I seriously thought about just saying nothing and getting a free sweater. I just couldn't do it though, I kept thinking to myself, I prayed so hard to get this new job, and I got it. If I essentially steal a sweater, that is just a bad karma risk that I can't take. So I told the girl that she hadn't charged me for the sweater.


3 Comments:
The same thing happened to me with a purse at TJ Maxx - I told the cashier too. Oh well - good karma, right?
You did the right thing, way to go! Its tempting to get a free sweater but there is a reason God put you in that situation. And you passed! :)
No, you did the right thing. Someone forgot to charge me for something a couple of weeks ago and I had them add it on. It is stealing otherwise and that is just not right.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home